Our call today set record attendance and we had a great topic discussion about “Becoming what we might have been” or in Sophia’s Words: “Who are You when No-One is Looking”. Our journal assignment for today is to write down “who am I when no-one is looking?” the Good, the bad, the fabulous, the creative, the amazing, the inspirational, the powerful YOU?
Sophia asked us to reflect on the following things that shape our lives, define us, and she asked us to dig in deep and find out who we really are, what we really want, and how doing so will propel to our destiny, our passion, our purpose:
1. Our families shape and define us from cradle to grave–it is true. What we do with it is up to us.
2. Our life experiences, societal expectations, gender roles have a big impact on who we become.
3. Our self worth-value and how well we know ourselves determines much of our success or failure in life
4. It is the tragedies, failures, hurts, and disappointments of our lives that are really what help us to learn WHO we are at our core. It is never the success, or what comes easy to us. We grow, transform and redefine because of what we lose, who betrayed us, etc. These moments build our character, our passion, or ability to change and shift with the storms of our lives. Don’t Miss the blessing in the mess. There always is one.
5. This question is one that man has been asking for thousands of years–so it is one worth exploring. DO YOU! Discover YOU! You are all you have. Be authentic and you will attract that which is authentic to your life.
Our word of inspiration for today was passed on my one of our call participants from San Antonio, Texas along the lines of the message is below:
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did. When God takes something from your grasp, He’s not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. There comes a point in your life when you realize:
Who never did,
Who won’t anymore, and
who always will.
So, don’t worry about people from your past, there’s a reason why they didn’t make it to your future.